Table of Contents
LSL - The LWA Software Library
lsl (LWA Software Library) is a collection of python routines for working with Long Wavelength Array (LWA) data. It consists of routines that:
- describe the setup (location, stand positions, etc.) of the first LWA station (LWA1),
- read in the three main data formats described in the DP ICD,
- export time series and spectral data to FITS files,
- estimate uv-plane coverage,
- simulate visibility data sets, and
- other tasks.
The library also includes a number of demo. scripts that show how to:
- display time integrated TBW/TBN spectra,
- read in TBW/TBN data and save the data to FITS files,
- obtain stand positions and cable lengths, and
- plot the station beam for a zenith snapshot.
In addition, lsl also contains the bulk of NRL's lwa_user library. See the README file for a list of which routines are included and their locations in lsl.
lsl depends on the following software:
- python >= 2.6 and python < 3.0
- atlas >= 3.6
- fftw3 >= 3.2
- gdbm >= 1.8
- numpy >= 1.2
- scipy >= 0.7
- pyfits >= 3.1
- pyephem >= 3.7.5
- aipy >= 0.9.1
- pytz >= 2011k
- matplotlib >= 0.98.3 (required for some of the scripts)
LSL version 1.0.x
README File: README
CHANGELOG File: CHANGELOG
Install Notes: Mac OS X
Troubleshooting: Installation Issues
LSL IPython Notebook Tutorials
Commissioning - Commissioning scripts for LWA1
GPU - Tools for signal processing on CUDA GPUs
Pulsar - Pulsar tools for LWA1
SessionSchedules - Tools for observers to create session definition files
Toolkits - A collection of toolkits to restore older LSL functionality.
Education and Public Outreach
EPO - A collection of software, including LWATV GUI, for education and public outreach.
UserContributedScripts - A collection of scripts contributed by users
If you have used LSL or one of the extensions as part of a scholarly work, please reference Dowell et al. "The Long Wavelength Array Software Library", 2012, J. Astron. Instrum., 1, 1250006.